RIN members, their students and colleagues with research interests in travel images and narratives might be interested in two recent CfPs.
Friday, 22 September 2017
Nottingham Trent University
This one-day seminar hosted by the Centre for Travel Writing will examine the relationship between North American travel writing and the periodical format. The conference organisers have named ‘visual representations’ as a strand that is particularly welcome.
Proposals of c.200 words should be sent to email@example.com by 28 July 2017. Postgraduates are encouraged to submit proposals.
Thursday, 11 January 2018
University of Birmingham
The Association of Art Historians (AAH) invites proposals for this one-day postgraduate research symposium on any aspect of art and movement. The symposium will explore a range of interconnected themes, including:
- Representations of movement or its impact on a work of art’s function and form
- The lives and works of artists abroad, including immigrants, expatriates and refugees
- Networks of trade and circulation
- The impact of globalisation on the production of art, its curation and the art market
- The restitution of art and cultural objects
- Non-movement, i.e. art or artists that resist or are denied movement
Abstracts of a maximum of 250 words, along with a 150-word biographical note, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 September 2018.